With the most active day of the year upon us, Nation Fitness Day, we are celebrating at The Training Room.
What Is National Fitness Day?
This day started as a movement to celebrate and raise awareness of the importance of a healthier and more active lifestyle! Now a nationally recognised celebration, you'll find people up and down the country participating in multiple activities, including challenges, sponsored walks, dance-off’s and many more.
With a quick search online, you can find thousands of activities being held across the UK that you can get involved with, giving you a chance to try Something new.
Started in 2014 #FitnessDay delivered a 'Power Half Hour', trying to put on the biggest and most exciting half-hour they could! Not only focusing on just the exercise but the fun that can comes with it. From there, National Fitness Week has continued to grow and become huge event we know it as today.
Why Is Fitness So Important?
For some people, exercise is something they do to keep in shape and have fun with it, but fitness is so essential for all of us. Inactivity is one of the leading causes of preventable disease butwith many conditions as little as 20 mins exercise per day can help you:
- Reduce your risk of a heart attack
- Manage your weight better
- Lower your blood cholesterol level
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Lower your blood pressure
- Build stronger bones, muscles and joints and lower risk of developing osteoporosis
- Lower your risk of falls
- Recover better from periods of hospitalisation or bed rest
- Feel better – with more energy, a better mood, feel more relaxed and sleep better
Exercise isn't only good for our physical health but also our mental health, confidence and social connections! In many studies, it has shown that exercise can help block negative thoughts and lift your mood. Further to this, training with others helps increasesocial contact and can help you grow a friendship with new people.
If you like the sound of #FitnessDay, why not get involved! Either starting a new path in fitness or just trying something new, there's no better time than now to put this into action! With most activities being free across the UK, you can find events happening near you by going on any social media platform and searching either #FitnessDay or #Fitness2Me.
If you are looking to make a change for life, here are some simple steps to help you kickstart your healthier, active lifestyle:
- Aim for at least 30 minutes a day
- Do muscle-strengthening activities on at least two days each week.
- Minimise the amount of time spent sitting down and break up sitting period often as possible
- Use everyday activities as a way to be active
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate each other
- Mix up what exercises you do to keep things exciting and fun
- Reward yourself and don't get yourself down if results don't show straight away!
At The Training Room, we are proud to be a representative of fitness and a provider of Personal Training careers! Join the buzz and become a Personal Trainer today! –
Learn more about becoming a Personal Trainer …
Find out more here