When was the last time you did something for yourself? You know, those things you think about achieving, but life gets in the way and your goals fall to the wayside. Qualifying in a particular field, or doing some further study may be top of your list.
We’re all busy people and it can be hard to find the time to study, especially if you’ve looked at a full-time course, but with more people stuck in jobs they hate, it’s more important than ever to follow your dreams and find a job you really enjoy.
Studies show that the average person will spend around 90,000 hours at work over a lifetime! It’s pretty safe to say that your job will make a huge impact on your everyday life!
Make sure you don’t waste any of your precious time in a job that makes you miserable, after all, life’s too short to be anything other than happy!
If you are passionate about health and fitness and helping other people improve their lives, you’d make a great personal trainer! But if you are worried that you won’t be able to find the time to study a full-time course, why not consider doing an online e-learning course instead.
One in four students are enrolled on an online course, so it’s easy to see that e-learning has become one of the most popular forms of studying. That’s understandable when you think about the time and money you’ll save in the long run, not to mention the flexibility that comes with online study.
The continually improving reputation of online learning has also helped its expansion thanks to the recent evidence showing that online learning can be just as effective as time spent in the classroom. This means that students from all walks of life are finding more and more reasons to enrol in an online education.
Let’s take a look at the 10 most popular reasons for choosing an e-leaning course:
1. Set your own pace
- one of the main attractions for online courses is that you can take as long as you need to complete them - the pace is set by you. This gives you complete control of your study time and gives you the chance to live your life and have some fun too!
2. Wallet friendly
– e-learning courses tend to be more affordable then traditional colleges…and that’s not just what you’ll save on commuting! You may also be able to save money on course materials such as textbooks as they are often free online (and Google Scholar is a great free resource)
– studying online means you won’t need to fight through traffic and try to find a suitable parking space; you won’t need to leave work early to go to class; most importantly you won’t miss out on any family time or social events. Online learning is a convenient way of studying how, when and where it suits you – there’s no easier way to get qualified.
4. Customise Your Learning
– online personal training courses are becoming more and more structured towards areas of speciality, which means it’s never been easier to gain a PT certification with an emphasis on your chosen area of expertise! Add Continual Professional Development courses to your skill-set to customise your learning and build up greater knowledge for your new career.
– online courses offer e-leaning students access to dedicated tutor, often with real industry experience and expertise to support you each step of the way; it’s exactly the same if you were studying in a classroom, just from the comfort of your own home!
6. Help is At Hand
– most online learning education courses offer scheduled check-ups with your e-learning tutor, all helping to keep you on track and give you guidance whenever you need it.
– want to study in your favourite pyjamas with a cup of coffee and some music or a tv show on in the background? Yes please! Your online classroom won’t judge you for being in your PJs, we can’t say the same for assessment day though!
8. Earn While You Learn
– enrolling on an e-learning course means you’ll still be able to work while studying. Crucially, that means you’ll still be able to go on that summer holiday you’ve been counting down to all winter. Margarita by the pool anyone?
9. Improve Your Tech Skills
– the added bonus of e-learning is that even the most basic online course will require you to develop your tech skills. The skills online students need to learn to take part in their course are transferable into many other jobs, including creating and sharing documents, incorporating audio and video materials into your assignments and completing online training sessions and webinars. Don’t forget to include these on your CV!
– most online students aren’t looking to completely retrain, some just want to study a particular area to specialise their skills or gain a higher level certification or diploma. An online course looks great on your CV as your future employers will be able to see that you’re passionate about your continued learning and development within your chosen field, so it’s a great way to give your career an extra boost! Wondering what qualifications you’ll need as a personal trainer? Get the low down on all you need to know here.
Turn your passion into a career
The role as a personal trainer is one of the most rewarding careers paths you can take. You’ll be responsible for helping others look and feel fantastic along with feeling fit and healthy yourself, not to mention that you’ll be able to work in an industry that you are really passionate about!
Interested in discovering more about our online PT course? Find out more here.
Ready to become a personal trainer? Your new career is just a few clicks away!
Yes, I’m ready to become a PT!