Today I wanted to give you some information that you can use to improve your physique from tomorrow onwards.
First up we have the reasons you should eat breakfast!
Recent research at the University of Massachusetts has shown that men who don't eat breakfast are 4.5 times more likely to be obese than those who eat it every day! Eating breakfast gives your metabolism the proverbial kick in the glutes that it needs from fasting for 6-12 hours!
When you go hours without eating your body will become catabolic (the body breaking down muscle for fuel) and if you have worked weeks, months or even years to gain your hard earned lean muscle then this is the last thing you need! By eating a good mix of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats at breakfast then you will promote anabolism (a state of muscle building) and preserve your muscle tissue.
An ideal breakfast would be 3 scrambled eggs (only 1 yolk), Wholegrain toast and freshly squeezed fruit juice or a piece of fruit.
The eggs contain vital protein which aid muscle growth and recovery, whilst also supplying essential fats. Wholegrain toast will provide a prolonged source of carbohydrates as well as fibre and the fruit juice or fruit will give you the much needed sugar boost that will kickstart your metabolism and also give you some of your essential vitamins and minerals.
Secondly I have 5 ways you can eat away fat before it has a chance to blur your glorious physique!
- Add lemon juice to water, tea, yoghurt and salads to trigger increased saliva production which helps to break down fat in foods/drinks.
- Add vinegar to fatty foods to increase the production of stomach acids which in turn can help reduce body fat storage by up to 10%.
- Eat blueberries! blueberries can reduce the amount of fat globules (called chylomicrons) that are transported into the blood stream by 73%.
- Switch to brown sugar rather than using white as the polyphenols in molasses reduce the amount of fat tissue (adipose tissue) that is stored.
- Lower your carbohydrate intake to 45% or lower of your daily calorie intake. This has been shown to reduce fat storage by 11%
I hope that this blog post has been helpful to your training and that you can use it to move closer towards your goals!
Once again if you have any questions or have any topics you would like "blogged" then email Joshua.Mullin@thetrainingroompt.co.uk with your queries or suggestions.
Want to learn more about Health and Fitness but don't know where to start? Why not check out our PT course which covers nutrition and exercise as well as many other areas!