If you prefer, you can get the information in an instant pack.
Call now: +44800 021 6050
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
I really enjoyed talking to my advisor, she was very helpful in helping understand to whole process. I will definitely recommend them !
My personal experience with the training room so far has been great as the staff members i have worked with have answered all my questions and have never left me unsure about anything.
Always happy and friendly, very well informed, answered all my questions and queries perfectly! Very excited to be starting this course! 😊
corresponded well and was very friendly, welcoming and patient
Courtney Louise Lawrence
Excellent service since the first enquiry about the course untill the booking, Chris was absolutely STAR with following my case and given me all information I needed!
Very friendly, supportive. Excellent service. Definitely recommend.
De er der virkelig for at hjælpe en, uanset hvor mange spørgsmål man har, og uanset hvor mange gange man skal have det forklaret. Perfekt service. Man bliver holdt i hånden hele vejen uden nogen tvivl.
Very friendly customer service nothing was too much trouble, BUT ..... That Alison *Potentially litgeous comment removed by Feefo* was fantastic, with her confidence in me (a stranger) i signewd up and cant wait to Start.
The members of staff who I have spoken too, are lovely and very helpful. So far my experience with The Training Room has been great. I am very excited in starting the course in August and hope to fulfil my dream job with The Training Rooms help in the near distant future.
Rebecca Louise Wealthall
The Training room have been very helpful, always polite and cheerful. especially Megan
excellent people to talk with and quick response to calls.
The training room was very friendly and helpful they let me think about the course in January that am going to and ring me back the next day to see what I wanted to do. This is why I am rating them an excellent service.
Alicia Christina Witter
I had a very pleasant, informative conversation with Abigail Cooper when enquiringly about the Beauty Course.
Then when it came to registering on the course, again she was wonderful.
Good customer service
Alina Florentina Geoglovan
I would only change the fact that they don't get in contact with you like they say I'd change the star to 3 if I could.
Very helpful, thorough and welcoming.
Very kind and polite service and I am happy to recommend to everyone this courses!
Great team! Very helpful, supportive.
Special Thank you to Denica! She was very kind and helpful!
I'm looking forward to start my Beauty Therapy course on Thursday!
The person I spoke to, Megan, was absolutely lovely! She explained everything so well and just made the decision to go ahead and book so much easier! The conversation didn't feel rushed and I've always felt like her and the training room actually care about the people they are helping!