Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Man who I spoke to on phone , very friendly, knowledgeable, kind and encouraging
Very informative, went through every detail and made sure I knew everything
No problems throughout and happy with the service
The training room staff made it easy to sign on and outlined everything clearly. Whenever I required additional clarification, emails and calls were responded to quickly and efficiently. Since signing onto my level 3 PT course I have recieved amazing support from help with assignments to career support. I would highly reccomended using this group if you are looking to develop your career.
Andrew John Manser
So far I have had a wonderful service thanks to ‘Lewis March’. He has explained everything so well and offered his best. Can’t wait to complete my course.
Sukhpreet Kaur Gill
My tutor is very helpful. I would really recommend anyone doing a course with the training room
Amazing service, very helpful, would recommend to anyone
Robert Donald Joyce
I have just begun the Teaching Assistant online course at The Traning Room and I really appreciate how helpful they have been in providing me with all the necessary information and have been very kind and polite in clearing all my doubts and queries. Thank you !
PAMELA Kenneth Rocha FERNANDES
Explained everything really clearly and made the whole experience very appealing and worthwhile. I shall certainly recommend The Training Room to my friends or anyone looking a career change.
Up to now everything seems to be going well. The learning platform is easy to navigate, whenever I have been contacted they have always been really helpful and friendly. I'm not long into but all seems well. So glad I decided to go ahead and do it.
Stacey Marie Mitchell
I spoke to a gentleman called Tim who was incredibly helpful. Tim answered all my questions and queries and guided me through the process exceptionally well. Everyone has been incredibly kind and informative.
If you are looking for a change in career then I would definitely recommend them.
What a great way to get into studying. Had all my questions answered before I even asked them and the warmth of Rea explaining everything step by step was just exactly what I needed. I’m a mum of two and homeschooling takes a lot of time but the course is pretty straight forward and easy to learn. You get help from your tutor, mine is Egwolo, pretty much in an instant and you are confident this is what you need to shape your future. What are you waiting for?! Get studying and start your career today!!!!
I’ll recommend training room to who ever wants to start a PT career.
I want to thank James Flint for help me and for the patient he had with me.
Meta Jatta Santos
The staff at the training room are so helpful and quick at replying if I needed anything. They helped me every step of the way to getting on my course. I can't wait to get started.
They have been brilliant from the start. Explained everything that I was getting and what they would help me with.
Sophie Elizabeth Hart
All the possible support you could want academically and in terms of reaching your dream career! Cannot fault them 😊
Just started out with The Training Room and already the support is outstanding. They keep you up to date at all times and are very helpful with answering any queries you have.
Really great and helpful customer service to help get you started! And I love the way the display the course helps me a lot with learning. Can’t wait to finish and get the job I’ve wanted!
Absolutely brilliant would highly recommend this course.
Lewis was amazing and made everything really easy to understand made sure I was happy with everything we discussed before we moved onto payment terms and told me all about what I need to do next