Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Explained to me the course in detail and was very helpful
All correspondence regarding the training program
Great service. Great revision tools that help solidify knowledge gained.
Very supportive and made it very easy to start course!
Really good Personal Tutors with quick responses!
Absolutely fantastic help and I’m really enjoying working through my course. Support and career advice when you need it.
Kathryn Faith Pilgrim
Very helpful team
5 star service
Georgia Sue Bassnett
Everyone I talked to and worked with during my booking process was extremely helpful and very nice.
It's been great. People have been really helpful and all the registration and enrolling process has gone smoothly. Every requirement has been perfectly explained. And the course is excellent. Very happy.
Nicholas Michael Rabone
I haven't started my course yet, I'm so excited for it. I just wanna say thank you to Reece to for all his help..
Pragmático e excelente para a minha aprendizagem.
Planeio aproveitar o máximo esta plataforma.
Very patient with you and if you have any questions they are there to answer anything!
Laura Louise Davies
Haven’t even taken the course yet and the amount of support I’ve received is brilliant. Really looking forward to it and for the opportunities after.
Because of the professional way my inquiries were dealt with, also all the information I needed were sent in a timely manner. Further more, all arrangements were kept to. An example of this was the call back at the time agreed upon. So the service overall was excellent.
Philip Adetola Adeyemi
Very impressed with the time Reece spent with me and the level of detail he gave me about the course. In fact everyone I have dealt with has been very helpful. Thank you
They were very helpful answered all my questions and they are easy to reach if I had a problem
Excellent service with great staff at hand when help.is required.
Clearly explained how the course works and how they will be assisting me to get qualified in great detail.