Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
i thought that the training room provided an excellent 5 star service i would reccomend to anybody else
I am really loving my Prrsonal Trainer course with TheTrainingRoom! The 24 hour support is really helpful and the presentation/class work is so easy to understand! If I could give it more than five stars I would.
Alison O'Hare was very patient with me, providing answers to all my queries. Excellent customer service so far everyone has been helpful.
I feel supported and encouraged with starting my course with them. I shall be introducing my friends to 'THE TRAINING ROOM '
Hamira Haneef Khan
Excellent service so far. I feel supported and encouraged with starting my course with them. So far, friendly, approachable and informative.
Billy was helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable about the course content. He was honest when giving advice and put me under no pressure to decide whether to proceed. I couldn't have had a better initial experience with TTR and look forward to completing the course.
It was quick, brief, and well informed... No hustle at all
The ladies I worked with to get all set up were fantastic and so helpful, was an easy set up process and happy.
The team is very helpful and supportive. They ensure that your course flowing well.
Very helpful and have followed everything through they say .
Absoulutely brilliant from start to finish
Excellent service. The team are very friendly and approachable. They make you feel valued and are there for you if you should need them 9-5. The conversations flow in a manner you do not feel rushed and they are great listeners. Great support and understanding of your requirements.
Very informative and friendly staff.
Looking forward to starting my next career as I feel I am being set up for success.
Very friendly and polite approach. Comunication was efficient, clear, respectful and to the point. There was willingness and availability to help, explain and resume conversation several times although the phone connection was cut off. All questions were welcome and answered. Felt pleased, happy and comfortable about the service received.
Friendly and supportive. They make things easy to understand with such a friendly manner no matter what is asked. You can tell that they are here to help you get you where you want to be.
Leah Pares Bygraves-Paul
Tommy Martin Marshman
The training room have been super helpful getting me set up on the course with such short notice. Within a week I've had everything approved and booked.
Also, they've flexed the what they could offer me around my commitments.
Really helpful and professional
Nathan has been very straighforward and offering the best options, Isabel is being available for career support and David for course support, I am eager to continue my course with the Training Room !
All staff excellent
Rebecca Alice White