Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
The staff was very nice and quick
Excellent all round.
Jennifer Myra Blodgett
I have only just signed up to the AAT course and Rea has been very helpful, so far so good
They have been extremely helpful. Can not fault them. Thank you to everyone.
I join The Training Room for a PT course and I’m so happy about it. They are so helpful , polite and friendly. If you have any problem they are there for you, solved very quick and the course it’s worth it for the money! So happy about it!!!
Really friendly, reassuring and helping
Kerry Louise Loomes
A small issue with stored details was resolved quickly and effectively by both the tutor and customer services via phone and email.
Everyone was very helpful and it was all easy to understand with no confusing words or phrases. I would definitely recommend The Training Room.
I’ve just literally started my journey as a PT and so far so good, Scott the gentlemen who was setting me up in the beginning did an amazing job! And just want to say to the team thanks for having such great services like the course I chose for people wanting more out of life and a change of career made easier.
I didn't feel pressure to sign up there and then, very helpful and informative
very helpful staff that are kind and patient enough to help you through whatever concerns you might be having.
My sales rep was incredibly helpful and polite, and they answered any questions I had very clearly. Additionally, the cost of the course seemed fair for the amount of content provided
So far very happy
I gave 5 stars as there is the right amount of contact without being pressured. The actual course is well set out and interesting in the different ways used to deliver the information.
Everything was very clear and well explained every time I spoke to anyone. They knew exactly what they were speaking about making the experience much more enjoyable and much simpler than the other companies I was considering using for my Personal Training course.
Very helpful and thorough
I would definitely reccomend
Everyone I have spoken to has been very helpful and have managed to answer all my questions and I find the learning platform really easy to use