If you prefer, you can get the information in an instant pack.
Call now: 01202 238640
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Was easy to understand explained fully and Laura was fantastic! 😊 im excited to start my new career!
Laura Leigh Potter
Vincent was very helpful and professional at explaining the course and the various details surrounding its different aspects, he also worked smoothly alongside the finance team.
Quick easy service
Great personal service, the advisors listened to my needs and my understood my career aspirations.
excellent service great communication
Anthony Craig Harrison
I found my experience with the training room to be great so far everyone I have spoken to have been really friendly and helpful. I am currently studying the IT security technician and I am studying my way through the first of 3 courses comptia a+. Though I have had some issues with the training app but I have reported it to the developers. Other than that I look forward to passing my certifications and heading on to a new career path. I would say that if your passionate about what you want to do then give the training room a try. They have given me back my drive and determination to better my options in life so for that I say a massive thank you.
Stuart Andrew Walker
Fantastic service from the moment you enquire. You will get the answers and support you needed. Alison is very helpful and encouraging.
I am enjoying the course.
Communication was great!! I dealt with two lovely ladies. Amy & Ella they both dealt with any concerns I had very professionally.
They were always on time when phoning me. Very helpful and friendly and happy when speaking to them. Overall I was very pleased with all that we spoke about and I registered with the training room that day.
Very informative. Straight to the point.
Will recommend always
the adviser i spoke to (Chris Bryer-Ash) was very helpful and a nice bloke. and signing up online was very easy and strait forward
Very helpful with everything and got me a job as a personal trainier by giving out my CV to local gyms
Extremely helpful and very well informative, would 100 percent recommend to anyone looking to begin a carrier in personal training or the fields of work that the training room offer.
The service was excellent. The information I received was first class and Sarah was very easy to talk to and very helpful.
Very well explained and friendly behaviour. Nice customer service
service was so simple and easy I think they even deserve more than 5 star. I will recommend theThem to anybody who want to be a PE without going through any phone calls stress and follow ups.
Easy, straight forward and quick