If you prefer, you can get the information in an instant pack.
Call now: 01202 238640
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
I live in the Middle East so to fly back to the UK to do a course i needed to be 100% sure of the company providing it. The agent i spoke with was very helpful and sincere in her communication. She made an effort to answer any questions i had and couldn’t enough for me. This was the reason i chose The Training Room.
Quick and simple. Perfect start to the course.
Amazing outstanding couldn’t be more helpful
Sammy has been excellent through my whole booking by answering any
questions i have. Checking on my progress on a regular basis. Giving me all the information i needed to make an inform choice without being pushy.
The recruitment advisor was really helpful and really easy to talk to about issues with financing.
Excellent service followed by an excellent set of staff to help along the process.
Thanks Dan, Zak and Steph for all the help.
Until now the staff was really profesional !!! I just start the training but i m realy confident for the fact that they will guide my in my it carrier!!!
Harry was fantastic. So helpful and guided me every step of the way. Even on his days off! He's a credit to the team.
I would recommend them to people in the future that are looking to go further with their knowledge of Personal Training.
Beautifully friendly and informative and encouraging
Just a short one, but everything so far with regards to booking my course, sorting of funding and getting info via email ha all been superb!!!
Excellent communication and very fast follow up. Both Molly and Steph made the process very quick and easy, as well as being super friendly and professional. Couldn’t recommend enough.
Augusta Louise Cook-Overy
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
very good I am happy with this
Rhiann was amazing, she was very informative and really friendly! Thank you so much!
It has been really straightforward from the beginning and very transparent, thanks to Marlon who I was able to contact at any time for help in regards to getting myself signed up and on the course!
Looking forward to start :)
So friendly and helpful never had customer service as good as this.
The service was exceptional they where very clear and went over the more important and complicated enquirers multiple times. While also asking if I had any questions throughout every call.
I just wanted to say thanks for making everything very straight forward and easy to understand it made the whole process quick and efficient to fill in.
Katrina Jasmine Strutt
From the moment I contacted The Training Room, staff were extremely supportive, helpful and pleasant. Another thing I was pleased with was the fact that staff were not pushy in anyway. I am looking forward to completing my courses and would look at other courses with The Training Room if the opportunity was available. I would also definitely recommend The Training Room to others wanting to better themselves.