Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 238640
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Very friendly stuff and amazing communication!!
Laura Campbell was very professional and extremely helpful
Karen Suzanne Grainger
Opening new possibilities.
Both Dan and Charlotte has been phenomenal. Thank you.
Michael S Lezama
Excellent services, definitely recommend
I found the process very smooth and helpful.
Emily Bethan Maybanks
All staff were so helpful and lovely to speak to. They made the experience very simple and easy and have calmed my worries about the difficulties of getting back into teaching. Thank you to all :)
Stefan Lucian Gabriel
Professionalisms. Listening to my questions and answering to the point!
Outstanding and as helpful as could be.
John Robert Harmeston
All the people I spoke to were really friendly and answered any questions I had either by phone or email. They walked me through the steps and are really easy to talk to.
Megan Rebecca Marie Nicholson
Chris was great
Very easy to understand staff, told me what I needed to no plus sum, and put me on the correct course I needed to be on.
David John Ingram
Very friendly and easy process
I would definitely recommend them. I was treated really well, answered all my questions even though I thought some of the questions I asked were silly ones.
great customer journey. Really was given all the information and was not pressured at all, Jack, Ella and Jack's supervisor were sensational at their job.
Very professional whilst still seeming passionate. Extremely informative.
Lovely girl who spoke me through it all in detail.
Laura was so lovely!! I was nervous about studying again and asked so many questions she couldn't have been more helpful! she was just as excited as I was to start a new journey
Thanks Laura! :)