If you prefer, you can get the information in an instant pack.
Call now: +44800 021 6050
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Excellent customer service and very good service from the people on the phone.
Kirsty is a lovely lady and really happy with how helpful everyone else was. Can't wait to start my course in April.
Chelsea Leigh Pagett
Friendly helpful staff
Keep going guys you are doing great job. To be honest the lady I was talking to was so positive and friendly that I was really close to ask her for a drink!
Excellent student support, helpful staff and a brilliant oppertunity to study and learn something new.
Kat was really helpful and kind! Nothing was ever too much for her and she really went out of her way to help me.
very good service, very pleased
Great service, very friendly and helpful
Steve was a great help in talking me through the pricess
Very friendly and professionally.
Simona Evelina Tamas
Very friendly and helpful staff who explained everything and answered all my questions which were slightly outside the usual criteria as I live and work in France. I'm looking forward to starting the training and hope that it will be as well organised as the process up until now.
All staff was really helpful,
They delivered excellent customer service, I really couldn't of been happier with this service
Great conmunication lovely people and couldnt do enough to help me work round my child care.
Holly Jade Caldicott
I found my experience friendly and helpful and easy to understand
Everyone who contacted me or I was in contact with was very friendly, helpful and informative. Very professional yet easy going.
Excellent service and help provided throughout, thanks a lot! Andy McGlashan (tutor) replied 99% of the time within a couple of hours to any questions and when providing feedback to me, top guy couldn't ask for more
The course was really helpful and it gave me the skills I need to become a Personal Trainer, I have now started work at Pure Gym in Warrington.
All of the admin staff were incredibly helpful and instrumental in my attendance and attainment of the course, and my tutor Tracey Lilburn at the Newcastle school was overwhelming supportive and absolutely the reason for my success.
I get very quickly answers to my questions.