Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 238640
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
I found the link on google after many applyes on other courses without succes.
From the first time when Laura call me i feel this is the one i will be accepted.
She is amaizing and is give you the energy to enrol and you can feel the good thinghs can't be happening.
All the team is amaizing the procces is easy they provide you any information that you need to be confident you can' t start to do something with your live.
I'm really happy i'm in the team now and i will start very soon and that is great.
Many thanks and the best wishes for all the team.
Definitely I'd buy or recommend to anyone friendly and polite ...
Extremely professional from signing up, getting introductions from my course tutor and career advisor and obtaining the learning materials.
Sammy was excellent, very informative and encouraging.
All the staff where’s brilliant, very helpful and enthusiastic. All my questions where answerd and I’m very exited to start my course
Sophie Anne Watson
Very helpful and efficient.
The consultant I was speaking with was able to help me every step of the way from explaining the course, answering any questions I have and the finance options. everything was explained clearly and accurately so I could book the course I need.
My Financial adviser was very friendly and the finance for the course was settled in only a few hours.
Overall was a very easy and smooth process.
I am very pleased with the service offered during the whole process.
They explain the course to me in very friendly way tats make me relax nd motivate me to choose it
Brilliant and friendly service
Richard James Millett
Everything was explained to me very well. And I was able to get my finance for the course sorted at the same time. Excellent service!
James Robert John Byers
They are very helpful and lovely. I recommend them for anybody who want to study.
Very friendly. Explained everything fully.
The service was good. Alison was very helpful. She helped me loads, she talked though the course. She was very positive that I could do it. Alison was very kind and polite.
Laura Teresa Doe
Very good, very relaxing on the phone and explained everything well. Carl and Chris helped a lot and Charlotte from the finance department also deserves a shout out
Tristan Jay Harris
Absolutely brilliant explained everything really well.
Laura from the training room provided excellent service
So friendly and helpful. Can't wait to start my training!
The service was great! Thorough explanations of the course and friendly personalities from all who I spoke to! Especially from a man called Chris Brooker, verky kind, helpful, understanding, enthusiastic and really great to deal with!
Russell Thomas Plumridge