Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Very helpful, friendly and supportive. Answering all the questions I had and giving me all the information i needed before i began the course and as I started the course.
saskia Esme Harris
Very helpful team that supported me to complete my subscription quickly!
I’m really glad I selected to do my training with you and feel reassured I will get a great training in my new exciting adventure which will work perfectly with all my existing skills.
Explained everything very well and personal touch made it easier!
All my questions were answered along with explaining everything perfectly
Very helpful and always give you the chance to ask questions/concerns you may have.
Not forceful at all in getting you to do the courses they offer.
Very quick at replying to emails and questions which is handy.
Give you straight to the point and very clear information and instructions.
Very formal and sensitive with payment method over the phone.
Hopeful the course they provided for PT is great.
Great customer service and great people who you can talk with.
Booking with The Training Room was really easy and got me set up quick, they were very kind and helpful with any questions I had. Can’t wait to get further into my PT course!
I had a very pleasant experience on the phone with joining TTR, the breakdown of the course was highlighted very easily and in a friendly manner. I can’t wait to start my journey as a personal trainer.
Liam Ashley Tomkins
Hi I am Julie from Denmark (Fitness education)
In the first place, I was looking for taking the Fitness education in Denmark, but with my assessor, Liams, help I realised that the education, The Training Room, offered me, Was much better for me. Liam was very helpful and responded quickly. When I paid for the course I got my fantastic Tutor, Claire. She is very helpful and is very good at explaining the subjects if I don't understand the meaning of it. When I have a question she responds very quickly. She is a great tutor and I would 100% recommend her for you guys, if you are looking for taking the course. I would totally recommend The Training Room. Wonderful service and employees.
Thanks for all your help and support. It has been a fantastic journey so far and I will look forward to much more!
Julie from Denmark
Julie Ostergaard Faber
Tutor contact me very fast on 2 ways - by email and through the phone. Explained from where to start, and how moving on to reach a goal. Lyndsey listened patiently and answered every question very understandably.
Reece Eddy was the advisor I spoke with and set up my course. He was very friendly and patiently answered all of my questions.
Such a quick and easy service. Would definitely recommend!
Amazing and helpful
would definitely recommend
Chloe Louise Evans
Very good .
Very good and easy
Overall the system is fairly good. The live lab is great but (understandably) a little restrictive. The hands on aspect of it made me feel i was learning how to solve real world problems. The only thing that would be better is a bit more tutor feedback on what you have done so far periodically and just check in to see what they are struggling with or curious about.
They are very helpful and cooperative .