Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 238640
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Thanks a lot to The Training Room for helping me to submit my application,they were very kind and pacient with me. Everything was arranged in less than 48 hours,I had immediate acces to courses, which is impressive. Now I am on my way in becoming a Software Developer.
Very good way of advertising and market their product.
Every procedure was explained very well, which is more professional.
I dealt with Steve, Charlotte & Grace. They are some of the friendliest most helpful people I have ever dealt with. When it comes to the training room I will definitely recommend! **
Everyone is so friendly.
These guys really do have our back.
Everything is great about this company. Love it and will consider doing more courses with them! (=
Kamruz Emil Zaman
registering was fine and easy however I haven't yet received any work and the emails I have sent have not gone through
Sarah Rebecca Waller
Truly brilliant service from start to finish, helpful, informative and made you feel very special as a client and supported on your new career journey.
Very satisfied with the service as its rapid response to my question
Nelson Julio Dacosta Martins
Warm friendly staff.
From a first phone conversation with Tim, to my booking confirmation, everything went easy. They explained everything, really helpful. Would recommend.
Easy to apply. Friendly telephone manner from Jack. Very helpful
Awesome service couldn’t of asked for more. Very helpful and very professional
All the staff from admin, finance , to the actual tutor were extremely helpful and friendly.
They removed my doubts and gave me the confidence to move forward and book my place on the course. I needed finance and they helped me every step of the way.
I would give 10 stars if I could...especially to Marie - in new student enrollment ?? who gives new meaning to 'customer service'.
Abdul Aziz Shuttari
Everything they said they would do they did on time
Well it was supposed to be initially for my husband and then upon hearing what training room offer I spoke to a lovely chap who told me everything in details and the aftercare they provide called me back asked how everything is going. So I would definitely recommend them
Scott was extremely informative, helpful and patient.
Lewis Paul Dick
Carl was very informative, enthusiastic & encouraging. He explained everything in a straight forward way & answered all my questions. His communications were prompt & concise.
Marian Iulian Baltat