Alternatively to speak to an Academy Assessor call: 01202 313500
Take a look at these useful tips from our tutors at the Newcastle Academy, Chris and Karl. These are great rules to abide by if you're an up and coming personal trainer.
1. Always coach at 90-degree angles. You'll never see everything you want to see from a 45-degree angle, so you're better off directly in front of and/or to the side of the one performing the exercise.
2. Never cross your arms. This is the single-best way to say "Don't talk to me; I'm in a bad mood." The problem is that you might not even be in a bad mood, but that's the way clients and athletes perceive it. "Open arms" equals "open to interaction."
3. Don't sit down. How athletic is this posture?
4. Find out whether clients/athletes like "demonstrate" or "describe." Some people are visual learners; you need to show them what you are asking them to do. This is especially true among beginners, and those who don't have strong athletic backgrounds (as well as those who are very forgetful).
5. Find different ways to demonstrate energy. Many up-and-coming coaches worry that they aren't "Rah Rah" enough to be successful in this field. They seem to think that the only way to win people over is to be over-the-top excited all the time. The truth is, though, that the majority of the most successful people in the industry aren't in-your-face yellers, non-stop clappers, or bouncing-off-the-wall coaches.
Really easy application and registration. Steph and Robert were amazing.
Jason Paul Roberts
I loved that they were prompt, always asking me if i have more questions or concerns about any matter.Very fast service
Andrada Florina Muresan
Everyone I spoke to was so friendly and helpful in getting me set up to do the course I wanted to do.
Very professional company. Friendly staff and tutors on the phone. All the course work is very well laid out.
Stuart Ross Ritchie
I spoke to Scott Chapman who helped explain the course, the potential earnings, and the qualifications and help I'd get after the course. He was a huge help and very friendly.
Can not describe in as many words how the service was. As they went above and beyond for me, can not thank them enough.
William Eision Davies
Friendly customer service. Were happy to help with any questions that I had. Quickly responding to email as well.
Savannah Anne Hibbs
Excellent support from beginning to end! The training room lays out everything clearly and there is always someone to give you the help and support when you need it!
Megan Farah Anne Lavery
So simple and straightforward! Excellent customer service and couldn’t be more helpful!
Christopher James Merrick
You helped me so much throughout the whole process always happy to repeat yourself if i was unsure of anything and answered every question i had.
Always friendly and helpful
Charlotte de Gruchy
Tim was very helpful and explained all of the options.
Very nice operator's and very explicit. No hidden fees.
Very friendly, helpful and reliable with queries and concerns, i would deffonatly recommend people use this service
Carl was very helpful, answering all my questions and allowing me explore all my options.
Explained everything very clearly and in depth. Very attentive and communicative
friendly, encouraging , knowledgeable
Very helpful, efficient and fast! What more could you ask for in what is normally a stressful time. The help I received was A* and if I choose to study another course in the future The Training Room is who I will use.
Jennifer Amanda Upshall
Brilliant service, helpful and very professional
Haaris Ahmed Sheikh