Follow these 10 top tips to prefect your tanning routine:
1. Research Your Tan Types
- Think about your skin type and what will work best for you as well as the type of tanning methods you prefer, such as a lotion, oil, mousse or spray.
- A good scrub will help to remove dead skin cells and create a smooth surface for the tan to be applied to. The result is an even, gorgeous tan!
3. Hair Removal -
shaving, waxing and plucking should be done 24 hours before you start tanning. This gives your skin time to calm down and allows the pores to close, meaning your tan will be easier to apply.
4. Moisturize 24 Hours Before
- The day before you tan, moisturise your hands, elbows, knees and feet as well as your nails with a light aloe vera based moisturiser.
5. Tanning Tips
- On the day of your day, don't moisturise or wear deodorant or perfume! If you do, you'll risk a streaky tan - never a good look! However....
6. Preperation -
At least an hour before you tan, you can, if you wish, apply a very light layer of an aloe vera based moisturiser to your hands, elbows, knees, feet and nails to help with any dryness. Don't be tempted to moisturise anywhere else though!
7. Time To Tan
- Start at the bottom and work up. Smooth on the self-tanner in circular motions. Start at your ankles and work your way up to your shoulders to prevent any tide marks.
8. Go Easy On Your Face!
- You've come too far to get reckless now! Dab a pea-size amount of tanner where you'd naturally tan (your forehead, the apples of your cheeks, the bridge of your nose and your chin) and blend outward with your fingertips.
9. Handy Tip
- No-one likes orange hands! Don't forget to wash your hands immediatly after you finish your tanning routine.
10. Drying Time -
Time for the 'John Wayne' waddle whilst your tan dries. If you need to get dressed, wear loose clothing and avoid showering or sweating for 6-8 hours.
Love tanning? Why not enrol in our Nouvatan Spray Tanning Workshop and turn your tanning hobby into a career!
Find out more about our tanning course here