We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our customers.
This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
As a data controller we are bound by the Data Protection Act and are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Registered reference: Z1742938.
The Training Room is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under reference 723720. This authorisation carries a responsibility to ensure that we protect your privacy and data we hold about you.
Our Privacy Principles
As part of our commitment to ensure the privacy of our customers we adopt the following principles which ensure your data remains private:
- We will only request and store the personal information we require to provide you with our services or where we are legally obliged
- We will only request and store sensitive personal information, including health and financial information, when you request a related service or where we are legally obliged
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except for the following reasons:
- To our delivery partners in order to provide you with our services
- For statistical analysis
- For insurance purposes
- To prevent and resolve criminal activity, including fraud and money laundering
- When we are bound by legal and regulatory requirements
- We will operate a robust record retention policy which is in line with industry and legal requirements
What information do we collect?
We may collect and store the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of The Training Room website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of applying to or contacting us (including name, email address, date of birth, address and telephone number)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
- Sensitive information required to provide you with additional services including financial products, and health related information allowing us to facilitate special considerations and facilitate our equal opportunities policy
- Examination results from the qualifications you undertake with us
Using Your Personal Information
We may use personal information to:
- Contact you regarding your application or enquiry
- Provide you with our products and services
- Send you marketing communications, relating to our business, which we think may be of interest by post, email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you wish to opt out of marketing communications
- When providing a financial product, including but non-exhaustive; application for credit, account maintenance, notification of changes to customer accounts, debt collection, and legally or regulatory required communications
- Administer our website
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – this information will never be provided in a format which can be used to identify any individual
- Deal with enquiries and complaints
In addition we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In order to provide the products and services you request
- In connection with legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- For the purposes of payment processing
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (Including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and reducing credit risk)
- For the purposes of monthly reporting to our credit reference agency
- For the purposes of litigation
- Provide regulatory bodies with reports if a breach in regulation occurs (customers will also receive notification of the details being provided prior to submission if there is any identifying data included within the report).
Third Parties We Work With
We employ a robust due diligence process when choosing to work with a third-party. Part of which is ensuring they have the same high standards in processing our customer data as we do. We make sure that the company is registered with the ICO and confirm that they are subject to the same policies, levels of security, and customer centric culture.
Should you require details of any of our third parties and their privacy policies these can be requested by contacting Customer Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party websites
The Training Room website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Security of Personal Data
We always take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any personal data we hold on our systems.
We will store all the personal information provided to us on our secure (password -protected and firewall-protected) servers. Where we use third party to provide us with these solutions the third party is subject to additional data security checks which include confirmation the provider is an ISO Certificate holder and registered with the ICO. As part of our due diligence process we always review our third party’s privacy / data security policies prior to engaging them.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us in this manner.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Or write to us by post:
TTR PT LTD